Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sunday Reading


My husband and I are in the midst of house hunting, and while finding the right house can be a bit tricky and time consuming, one benefit of all this driving around the countryside is finding wonderful little bookstores and charity shops full of natural history treasures. If I can find an old book with illustrations of birds or woodland creatures I consider it a successful outing.

Over the weekend I found this little gem about the trials and tribulations of John James Audubon and his struggle to get his beautiful paintings of birds published. He's a bit of a romantic and controversial subject (he shot many birds in order to study them for his work) and though I am very familiar with his art, I don't know much about the man himself.  I look forward to learning more about the stories behind some of the most well known images of birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment